Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Do U Need PLE Hours?

Hola!

I'm just finishing up my AH internship at Helping Hands Housing Services (one more week to go of work), but will continue on working at the Program Center (16th St. and Roeser) until June (I'm a Public Ally/Americorps member). Our center is open to adults from 9am-3pm, and kids (ages 5-18) from 3-5pm. We could especially use some extra hands with the kids (we average about 16 a day, but range from about 8-30 depending on the day). We have games, computers, books, and a tv/vcr/dvd player in the center. Depending if the kids are in school we'll usually have homework/quiet time for a little bit.

We could also use some help with our larger projects like organizing our book shelf, program planning and evaluation, and volunteer recruitment. If you're interested you can reach me at my work number (602-232-0787) or email at matt at helpinghandsaz dot org (no spaces). I'll see some of you around - oh and have fun at AHMI!

matt b. (AHSA Fall 05 - Fall 07)

No comments: