Monday, September 17, 2007

March of Dimes

Hey AHers!

So in regard to the speaker we had today from the March of Dimes:

Remember Stacey questioning where the other 10% of their funds go?

I recalled that this organization has been criticized for their distribution of funds, so I wanted to look them up to see the funds break down:

Program Expenses 76.7%
Administrative Expenses 7.4%
Fundraising Expenses 15.8%


To break it down some more: for every dollar they raise, they spend $0.15 to get it.


Perhaps I will do this analysis after every speaker so we can get an idea of how organizations typically spend their dollars?

Until later-

Jenna

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

So what does that mean, they spend 15 cents for every dollar? Is that similar to what was being discussed about in class, about how much money is used in advertising?

michal said...

I would be interested in seeing what Tonatierra's expenses and revenue looks like,I still am not sure what they do, exactly, I know they have been involved politically with some civil rights stuff, but, its alittle foggy